In the sixth episode of the Historic Performance Podcast, I interview Nathan Bullock. He is the former Lead Academy Strength & Power Coach at Manchester City and former Head of Sports Science at Calgary Foothills Soccer Club in Alberta, Canada. Currently, Nathan is a lecturer at the University of Salford.
Jason Trembley from The Strength Guys introduced me to Nathan earlier this year and highly recommended that I bring him on the podcast. Of course, I listened to Jason since he is someone that I greatly respect and is an incredibly smart S&C coach.
What makes Nathan unique is that after working for a top club like Manchester City that he gladly accepted a unique challenge in Canada to create a sports science department from scratch. Throughout our conversation, you will realize that it didn't turn out to be an easy endeavor.
Here is a brief outline of what we covered in the show -
- Nathan Bullock's Background
- How he landed an internship at Manchester City & turned it into a full-time role
- His role & responsibilities as a Lead Academy Strength Coach at Man City
- Why he took the role in Canada with Calgary Foothills & Alberta Soccer Association
- The challenges of creating a sports science department
- Training differences between Canada & England
- What he learned from the experience
- His current role as a Lecturer at University of Salford
- Nathan's future aspirations & goals
- Recommendations for S&C coaches starting their career
To contact Nathan Bullock:
E-mail: Nathan Bullock
If you want to keep up to date with the podcast, then follow me on Twitter @historicperform or subscribe to the Historic Performance Podcast using the links below:
Thank you for your support! If you enjoyed the podcast, please leave an honest review & rating via iTunes by clicking here. Your review helps increase the ranking of the podcast on iTunes and helps with the growth of the program.